The month of June is dedicated to The Sacred Heart of Jesus. The entire month falls within the liturgical season of Ordinary Time, which is represented by the liturgical color green. This symbol of hope is the color of the sprouting seed and arouses in the faithful the hope of reaping the eternal harvest of heaven, especially the hope of a glorious resurrection. It is used in the offices and Masses of Ordinary Time. The last portion of the liturgical year represents the time of our pilgrimage to heaven during which we hope for reward.
1. Justin, Memorial
2. Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, Solemnity
3. Charles Lwanga and Companions, Memorial
5. Boniface, Memorial
6. Norbert, Opt. Mem.
7. Sacred Heart of Jesus, Solemnity
8. Immaculate Heart of Mary, Memorial
9. Tenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
11. Barnabas, Memorial
13. Anthony of Padua, Memorial
16. Eleventh Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
19. Romuald, Opt. Mem.
21. Aloysius Gonzaga, Memorial
22. Paulinus of Nola; John Fisher and Thomas More, Opt. Mem.
23. Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
24. Nativity of John the Baptist, Solemnity
26. Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer, Opt. Mem.
27. Cyril of Alexandria, Opt. Mem.
28. Irenaeus, Memorial
29. Peter and Paul, Solemnity
30. Thirteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, Sunday