Friday, December 16, 2011

New World's Shortest Woman - A Big Bundle of Joy

Jyoti Amge, 18, center, who stands at 61.95 centimeters (2 feet), poses for a photography with her family at her residence before a press conference with the Guinness World Records in Nagpur, India, Friday, Dec. 16, 2011

TINY Jyoti Amge is set to fulfil a huge ambition as she turns 18 today — by becoming the world's smallest woman.

Thrilled Jyoti said: "It's been my dream to be recognised as the world's smallest woman for many years. I'm now a woman so I hope I don't have to wait much longer!"

Guinness World Records adjudicator Rob Molloy, right, and Dr. Manoj Pahukar of Wockhardt hospital, second left, measure Jyoti Amge at a press conference in Nagpur, India, Friday, Dec. 16, 2011.

Jyoti, from Nagpur, India, has a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia and stopped growing shortly after her first birthday. Growth problems have left her with brittle bones and she is likely to need care for the rest of her life.

The 23½in tall teen, who weighs just 11lbs, is anxiously waiting for confirmation she's snatched the title from 2ft 3in American Bridgette Jordan.

Jyoti Amge, 18, who stands at 61.95 centimeters (2 feet), holds the hand of her elder sister's son Vishatej, 5, as other sister Rupali looks on at her residence before a press conference with Guinness World Records in Nagpur, India, Friday, Dec. 16, 2011.
She said: 'I am proud of being small. I love all the attention I get. I'm not scared of being small and I don't regret it.

'I'm just the same as other people. I eat like you, dream like you. I don't feel any different.'

She said: 'I would love to work in a big city like Mumbai, act in films and travel to London and America.

She is celebrating her birthday with a cake that is almost the same size as her.

But budding actress Jyoti hasn't let her condition hold her back and is set to star in TWO Bollywood films next year. She said: "I want to make people happy."

She insists on being treated like any other young woman and likes nothing better than doing her make-up and going clothes shopping with pals.

1 comment:

Rahul said...

Nice and she is pretty happy! that's what is needed! Any way rediff should have posted some videos of her!!
Anyway Happy Birth Day and wish her a long life to see in my life time she will become one of the oldest tooo.