The month of September is dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows, whose memorial the Church celebrates on September 15. September falls during the liturgical season known as Ordinary Time, which is represented by the liturgical color green.
The feasts on the General Roman Calendar celebrated during the month of September are:
3. Gregory the Great, Memorial
4. Twenty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
8. Birth of Mary, Feast
9. Peter Claver (USA), Memorial
11. Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
12. Most Holy Name of Mary, Opt. Mem.
13. John Chrysostom, Memorial
14. Triumph of the Cross, Feast
15. Our Lady of Sorrows, Memorial
16. Cornelius and Cyprian, Memorial
17. Robert Bellarmine, Opt. Mem.
18. Twenty-Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
19. Januarius, Opt. Mem.
20. Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang and Companions, Memorial
21. Matthew, Feast
23. Pio of Pietrelcina, Memorial
25. Twenty-Six Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
26. Cosmas and Damian, Opt. Mem.
27. Vincent de Paul, Memorial
28. Wenceslaus; Lawrence Ruiz and Companions, Opt. Mem.
29. Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, Feast
30. Jerome, Memorial