Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pope Benedict XVI's Good-Bye to Castel Gandolfo

Dear brothers and sisters,

Before leaving Castel Gandolfo at the end of the summer, I am happy to meet with all of you who represent the ecclesial and civil community of this pleasant city that I so love, where Providence grants me every year to spend a peaceful and fruitful stay.

First of all, my fraternal greeting and cordial gratitude go to the bishop of Albano, Marcello Semeraro, a greeting I extend to the whole diocese, which I follow with special affection in prayer in its life of faith and Christian witness. I also greet the parish priest of Castel Gandolfo and the parish community, together with the various men's and women's religious institutes that live and work here to joyfully serve the Gospel and the brethren. READ MORE

No comments: