Thursday, September 30, 2010

CNN Report on Benedict XVI Met With Protest

(Zenit.org).- The secular media's unfounded accusations against Benedict XVI is nothing new. Yet, Catholics are quick to respond to another production about the Pope and the sexual abuse crisis.

William Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, stated in an article, posted today on the organization's Web site, that "the CNN documentary, 'What the Pope Knew,' which aired Sept. 25, deserves a response."

"From top to bottom, what CNN did was the televised version of what the New York Times did in print form earlier in the year," he stated.

"The goal was to tarnish the image of Pope Benedict XVI, making him out to be a co-conspirator in the scandal," Donohue said. "Though it came up empty handed with proof of his culpability, there was enough innuendo to convict Snow White."

Drawing on the facts of history, Donohue offered a rebuttal on CNN's claim that the Pope was guilty of "foot-dragging and, perhaps, obstruction."

"Nowhere in the program is there any evidence that the Pope was guilty of obstruction of justice," Donohue said. READ MORE

No comments: