Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Somebody Stop This Merry-Go -Round

" Set your hearts on his kingdom first, and on God's saving justice, and all these other things will be given you as well". Matthew 6:33

There are days when I feel as though I am on a merry-go-round, and it is spinning about 100mph. In addition, to having the children to nurture, helping with homework, doing a few loads of laundry, doing some light housework and so on. There is also my work responsibilities, and if I'm really ambitious, I'll do some exercise before I take my bath. By bedtime I'm spent. Yet that's the time I've reserved for God. 

Many times I find myself falling asleep before I've said the first decade of the rosary. A few days ago, the Lord began dealing with me on this issue. That's when it dawned on me - I should be giving God the best minutes of my day, not the leftovers. So that's my daily goal. And you know what? I've discovered that God actually multiplies my time. When I put Him first, He gets involved in the rest of my day. So give God your best minutes today, and He will bless the rest of your day. That's just the kind of God He is!

"Lord I give you my best minutes today. Amen"

No comments: